Signs of Real Love
THE SIGNS THAT SHOW INFATUATION HAS TURNED INTO LOVE.
My opinion is that when we are infatuated with someone we place them on a pedestal and believe that in some way they are gods/goddesses which of course is short-lived. At some point we come to terms with the reality that this person is human and our expectations of them being perfect and flawless is met with great disappointment.
At this point we either choose to exit the relationship or stick it out regardless.
- If we are able to adjust our expectations and accept our partner’s flaws we have moved into love.
- If we are able to recognize our partner is our equal, no better or worse, just different, we have moved into love.
- If we are able to tolerate and appreciate our differences we have moved into love
- If our thoughts move from what is best for me, to what is best for ‘us’ we have moved into love.
- If we are inspired to become a better person for our partner, we have moved into love.
- If we have an attitude of “We can make this work no matter what”, we have moved into love.
- If our desire for our partner is to encourage and support them to be their best self, we have moved into love.